Java Expert RE-Learning Javascript Part 1 - Intro

You know the time when you come across so many different programming languages, it happens that you come cross programming language you never really learn from scratch, but just "learn by doing".

It has been like that all the way until I had "awakening" call, a job interview, where I got javascript questions which I did not know at all.

The biggest issue was its similarity to Java/C programming languages, where many things I rather "assumed" it is the same, without ever really checking it out.

After sobering up, I decided to RE-learn Javascript, and started reading book "Eloquent Javascript" . after reading now already a quarter of a book, I am positively surprised how nice it was written. I strongly suggest to anyone, either a core beginner in programming (no pre-knowledge whatsoever is required to read it), or even a veteran programmer. This book has also very challenging exercises in the end which solutions (can be found on above link) are really showcase-ing you the power of javascript in its core.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeline on Latex

Exporting Skype Chat/Skype Contacts to csv file using the shell script and sqlite3 (usually already installed on mac)

trim() not supported by IE7 and IE8